Dayu and guest on their way to Pasar Agung Temple
Pilgrimage to the doorway to heaven
- Enjoy the changing vegetation and varied countryside as we drive from the foothills to the base of the volcano
- Take a short hike through the trees and up the winding stairs to the temple proper
- Meditate and pray with the imposiing
presence of the volcano proper towering above
- Feel the power and energy of the sacred mountain
- Enjoy great panoramic views over Bali
- Find peace, solace and inspiration for yourself and your life-intentions
- Return home renewed and blessed
The Sacred Mountain: Gunung Agung
PRICE PER PERSON:
1 person: € 48
2 people: € 24
3 people: € 16
4 people: € 12
5 people: € 10
Duration: Half Day
Meals: Not included
Pasar Agung, considered the market place of the gods, is a spectacular temple
and place of power and energy, with the sacred, brooding presence of Mount
Agung above and spectacular views across south and east Bali below on clear
days. A 45-minute drive to Selat, and beyond past the old lava flows, and the villages of Sebudi and Sogra (Heaven) into
high altitude woods, to reach the temple car park, then a 20 minute walk
up the stairs of a winding pathway to the temple proper.
This temple is best approached as the Balinese do as a
pilgrimage to a source of energy and blessings. Balinese temple attire required (minimum sarong and sash). We can help you
purchase or hire these. Your guide will bring offerings
and orient you through the sweet and pure form of Balinese prayer.
This tour takes about 3.5 hours, although possibilities of walks and hikes further up, through the woods, and beyond
the tree line up the mountain can make it a full-day tour.
'At Pasar Agung you can find the peace which is much more elusive at Besakih.'
– T S, Italy, 2005
'Sublime views of awesome Mt Agung, monkeys, and a deep prayerful silence.'
– J D, Mauritius, 2007
Nirarta Centre for Living Awareness
Address: Sidemen, Karangasem 80864, Bali, Indonesia
+62 811 388 0065
+62 81 246 52 123
For general email enquiries:
- Booking Summary
- Booking Cart is empty!